Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Getting Hopeless

What I have to say can be said in a song. Unfortunately, I don't know how to embed a music file in here, so go download "Dear God" by XTC. That pretty much says it all.

I heard on the news that some of the funding for the terror cell planning to blow up those planes over the Atlantic came from diverted charitable donations to Pakistan for earthquake recovery. What gets me, even more than the fact that some of that was my money, is that the Taliban and other such groups are considered heroes in the Middle East. They claim to defend the people, to kill those who would destroy Islam, and help the faithful from the ashes of what the west has done. While they do aid some people whose lives have been ruined by one thing or another, I get angry when I see how many people still support Hezbollah or Al-Qaida, even when it is the actions of these groups that spur the west to counterattack and make situations for civilians bad, at which point the militant groups play the savior, and the whole thing starts all over again. It's a... wait for it... VICIOUS CIRCLE!

Bleh. I need to read the Koran, just to see where people get this stuff. If there are as many contradictions as there are in the Bible (both testaments), then I swear I am going to jump off a cliff. The world needs a large-scale logic class.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home