Monday, June 26, 2006

Lament for Australia

(This post is not political, I've got plenty of things to say but I'm trying to make them coherent in TextEdit at the moment.)

I weep for Australia's loss. It's not like I have anything against Italy, but I really really like the Socceroos. Who else wants to stab that ref? I mean, come on!!!! He gave the Italian the foul call first, so right there, play should have stopped and the ball should have switched possession. Then, Neill goes to tackle the ball, right? He was not in the way purely to be in the way, and the replays did not look like he was actually trying to trip the Italian up. The other guy hit him. It's just... NO!!! No, no, no, no, no. *fumes* That ref should retire and hide in some volcanic cave, or something, 'cause I will never forgive him. Say I'm irrational, but are there any other Aussie fans out there who are as pissed as I am?!?

I now fall back onto England, who (which?) made it to the Quarters. Lessgo Beckham. Oh yeah, I finally saw that movie, Bend it Like Beckham? It's an interesting film but there's not much about actual soccer. That was kind of a letdown. Oh well.

And I'm also reading---or trying to read---Ulysses by James Joyce in accordance with the Ulysses Challenge (See jian.ca for more about this---Jian-speak #1). I'm on page 29. Just before chapter 3. I turned in my library copy and bought my own from a used bookstore, 'cause this puppy needs dissecting. I'm talking highlighters. And the nice librarian ladies get annoyed when you turn in a book all yellow. Or blue, or green, or whatever your favorite Hi-Liter color is. I'm sorry, I went and mentioned Jian and now I sound like him. O.o

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Wow that is progress on the book. Last I heard you were on page 15??
I am not so brave. I even went and bought two new non-ulysses books to read. Sex,drugs, and cocoa puffs. and Dispatches from the edge.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home