Monday, September 01, 2008

*facepalm*

So, to begin, I repeat my disclaimer from my first ever post in saying that the following is MY OPINION and MY OPINION ONLY. I am a raging liberal and if you disagree with any of this that's fine, although I wonder what you'd be doing reading my blog in the first place.

Sarah Palin.
FAIL.
Aside from the fact that I disagree with her on basically every front, this business with her daughter is, quite frankly, horrifying and repulsive. Kudos to Obama for refusing to touch the issue---for a man of his standing, that is good and proper. But that doesn't mean I can't rant about it.

First: I feel awful for the poor kids. Especially the father! I can't imagine what he will be going through. It's not his choice to marry little miss Palin, I'll bet. And I doubt that the situation is his fault, either. Here's why.

Governor Palin is, by all accounts, a violent opponent of abortion and birth control. Abstinence only! She also had no intentions to change the laws about sex-ed in Alaskan schools. As it stands, it's not required or even funded! So this mother of five (yep, she sure doesn't like birth control) expects her children to go through adolescence as completely chaste little angels. ...Yeah. That always works. Do these abstinence proponents even remember their own childhood? When kids aren't taught about this sort of thing, they usually find a way to learn about it themselves, and don't go about it safely either. Then, as evidence of "family values," there's going to be a shotgun wedding as soon as these kids turn eighteen. The fact that they're keeping the baby is being held up as a shining example of Compassionate Conservatism, but given Sen. Palin's record, there's no chance in hell that her daughter would be allowed an abortion. And the whole mess would have been prevented by a little pill, a scrap of rubber, or a bit more attention from mommy.

Here, then, we have three ruined lives: two too young to have experienced much of it yet, and one not even begun. And the cause of it all is nominated to be Vice President, who, if elected, is more likely to have to assume the primary role than any other VP in history. The McCain campaign is trying to use the issue to show that its choice is going through the same difficulties as normal Americans. Well, you know what? I don't want a "normal" American in the White House. The "have-a-beer-with-him" argument got the current schmuck where he is (that and some rigged machines), and I'll be damned if that works again. We need somebody special, somebody who can understand but not be mired in the hardships we face.

You'd think that the Republicans would wise up a little, really. Were I the type to believe such things, I'd say that it's pretty obvious that God doesn't want McCain elected. He's been badly upstaged at every turn: the South America tour while Obama was in Berlin; Hurricane Gustav resulting in his convention being postponed (to what end is unclear, because the attendees are partying like crazy); and now this. There are other examples but I can't recall them because he wasn't as important. Take a hint, seriously.

I shall conclude this with a cry heard more and more often around my house.

I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obama may not want to criticize her, but I do, speaking for myself as a Romney supporter.

She is an irresponsible woman and has turned our party of family values into a joke.

This is the best you could do, GOP?

I am disgusted!

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home